Sunday, July 26, 2015

10 Healthy Foods I Dislike & Regret Buying

 Chia seeds & chia pudding - 
The gooey texture and appearance is off putting. I do not mind using it within muffin batters.
               
☑ Pricey
② Hemp Seeds-
The soft texture of the seeds is great but the strong musty (earthy) taste is not welcomed. When added to smoothies or oatmeal it imparts a noticeable taste. I however, enjoy and find hemp milk quite tasty.
☑ Pricey
③ Stevia-
The brand of stevia I bought is not 100% stevia and this may be why the product has a bitter taste that is quite noticeable.
               
☑ Pricey

 Coconut Flour
Boy, oh boy, Coconut flour is one of the most challenging gluten-free flours I have tested out. It soaks up a lot of water, it requires a binder (e.g. egg),  products made with it can have a grainy texture, etc. etc. I honestly, made  3 recipes with this and I gave up. 

⑤ Unsweetened Almond milk (homemade or store-bought)-
I will  stick to chewing my almonds, considering it is packed with more nutrition that unfortified almond milk per ounce.

⑥ Seaweed
This tastes like a mix of the ocean and fresh salt-water fish; not my favourite flavour combo.

 Carielle or Bitter melon-         
The vegetable, despite it's health and nutritional properties is really bitter. It smells really good when fried but the bitterness is just to strong for my taste buds. 
source
 Quinoa-
It tastes bland when cooked without herbs or spices but the miniature seeds are creepy.
          
☑ Pricey
 Coconut oil and Olive oil
These impart a strong flavour on foods. I will stick to sesame oil and use coconut oil and olive oil in my hair.
      
Whole-wheat /Whole-Grain
The whole-grain versions of grain products  e.g. whole-wheat coucous, whole-wheat pasta and whole-wheat wraps have strong and bold flavours.  I would rather limit my consumption of the refined versions, that purchase the whole-grain version. The whole-grain versions are also quite pricey 
☑ Pricey
These are the health foods, I do not enjoy and in some cases regret purchasing.


Thank you for reading! 
What are the health foods you dislike?
Leave a ⓒⓞⓜⓜⓔⓝⓣ below.

No comments: