Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekly Sandwich: I'm a Veggie Delighter!

This is what I have whenever I eat at Subway (see photo). It's the Veggie Delite Sub 6-inch. I choose this over other options because:
  • It is one of the cheapest subs. I pay with a $20.00 and I get back change..(considering it is hard to find a fast food meal for under $20)...^_^
  • I love the texture/crunch the vegetables give the sandwich. I usually add all the vegetables available- Onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, bell peppers.
  • It's a balanced option with the least calories compared to other options. (Minus the additional sauces)
  • The sandwich holds up pretty well, meaning it does not get soggy quickly.
  • I am downright afraid to buy the meat based subs because the meats used contain a long list of additives and controversial ingredients, I would rather not ingest.  (A full ingredient list is available on Subway's website)

This Sub contains 55 ingredients with the majority coming from the bread (9 grain wheat). 
The nutritional profile is not that bad compared with other subs. As I said before it has the least calories compared with the others:
OPTION A: Veggie Delite without Cheese & Condiments contains:230 calories, 2.5g fat (0.5g saturated), 8g protein, 310mg sodium, 5g fibre & 6g sugar

OPTION B: Veggie Delite with the Cheese but without Condiments contains:
 270 Calories, 6g Fat (2.5g saturated), 10g Protein, 510mg Sodium,  5g fibre & 6g sugar

Whether there is cheese or not, the sub is less than 300 calories per 6 inch. 
In all, these are my reasons, why I order the Veggie Delite sub at Subway.
Please share what are your favourite Subway sandwiches and your reasons for liking it/them?

PS: Sorry, if the cursive font makes the ingredients in the image challenging to read. I will be upgrading the image soon.

No comments: